Amon G. Carter StadiumTCU Horned Frogs
TCU runs out of fireworks
Posted October 27, 2014Micah Peters - USA Today - TCU isn’t rea...Read More...
06-29-2016 Wed Hi 97°F
06-30-2016 Thu Hi 98°F
07-01-2016 Fri Hi 96°F
07-02-2016 Sat Hi 97°F
Lo 80°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Construction began on Amon G. Carter Stadium in 1929 and was completed by October 1930. The stadium is named after a prominent Fort Worth business and generous donor, Amon G. Carter. Amon G. Carter Stadium has a couple of nicknames which are “The Carter” and “Hell’s Half-Acre” (referring to the sites wild west past). The stadium’s original playing surface was natural grass (1930-1972). In 1973 the grass was replaced with AstroTurf (1973-1991). In 1992 the AstroTurf was torn out and the surface was converted back to natural grass. In 2002 a new score board and video board were installed and in 2008 luxury suites and club seats was added raising capacity to 44,358. In December 2010 reconstruction started on the west stands and on the north end zone. Work was completed prior to the 2012 season.
East side of campus - General
- Lot 7
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout concourse level
- TCU Football news
- TCU Places 52 On Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team
- Kickoff Times and TV Plans Announced
- Two Frogs on Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
- Schlottman Named to Rimington Trophy Watch List
- FrogVision Feature: NFL Draft Recap
- 10 Horned Frogs from 2015 Team are NFL Bound
- Four Horned Frogs Drafted Saturday
- Doctson a First-Round Pick by Washington
- Oberkrom and Jones Receive Academic Honor
TCU runs out of fireworks2014-10-27 15:00:29
Micah Peters - USA Today -
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted. No video. Must be hand-held.
- Permitted. Must be small.