Arizona StadiumArizona Wildcats
Bowl games added in Tucson, Austin, Orlando
Posted May 7, 2015Brett McMurphy - ESPN - College footba...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Located in central Tucson, Arizona Stadium has been home to University of Arizona Wildcats football since 1928. Initially, stadium capacity was 7,000, with the only seating located on the stadium's west side. Arizona's first game at the facility was October 12, 1929 when the Wildcats defeated Caltech 35-0. Capacity was increased to 10,000 in 1938 when seats were constructed on the stadium's east side. 4,000 seats were added to both end zones in 1947. In 1950, a horseshoe configuration was constructed around the south end zone resulting in the addition of almost 8,700 seats. A multi-level press box and 10,000 seats were added to the west grandstand in 1965. The east side of the stadium received a second tier, consisting of 17,000 seats, in 1976, as the Wildcats prepared to leave the WAC for the Pac-8 in 1978. In January 2011, it was announced that a new 5,356-square-foot (497.6 m2) video board would be installed above the south stands in time for the 2011 season. It is the fourth-largest video screen in college football (third-largest if non-college-exclusive stadiums are excluded, as Miami shares Sun Life Stadium with the Miami Dolphins).
- 2015 Arizona Wildcats Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/02/2015 TBA
- UTSA Roadrunners at Arizona Wildcats Event Date Time: 09/03/2015 TBA
- Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Arizona Wildcats Event Date Time: 09/19/2015 TBA
- UCLA Bruins at Arizona Wildcats Event Date Time: 09/26/2015 TBA
- Oregon State Beavers at Arizona Wildcats Event Date Time: 10/10/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
Bowl games added in Tucson, Austin, Orlando2015-05-07 14:33:39
Brett McMurphy - ESPN -