Boone Pickens StadiumOklahoma State Cowboys
OSU football: Boone Pickens Stadium has not been friendly to Bea
Posted November 21, 2013STILLWATER — Way back in the offseason, Baylor ...Read More...
04-24-2014 Thu Hi 78°F
04-25-2014 Fri Hi 87°F
04-26-2014 Sat Hi 91°F
04-27-2014 Sun Hi 82°F
Lo 53°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Oklahoma State, then known as Oklahoma A&M, first began playing at the current site of Pickens Stadium in 1913. Originally known simply as "Athletic Field, it was renamed Lewis Field in 1914 after Laymon Lowery Lewis, a former dean of veterinary medicine and of science and literature and one of the most popular figures in the school’s history. The stadium originally was positioned in the traditional north-south direction, but was reoriented east-west to avoid the strong prevailing winds. It remains one of a handful of major stadiums in the United States with end zones at the east and west ends. Because of this, the sun becomes an advantage to the team defending the west end zone during sunny afternoon games, because the team defending the east goal has to look directly into the bright sunlight. Lewis Field was officially renamed Boone Pickens Stadium during a halftime ceremony in 2003. The stadium’s name was changed to honor OSU alumnus T. Boone Pickens, a Texas oilman and entrepreneur who founded Mesa Petroleum Company.
- By the escalators (north and south plaza level).
Lot #81 - General Parking
- East of the Physical Plant
- Missouri State Bears at Oklahoma State Cowboys Event Date Time: 09/06/2014 TBA
- UT San Antonio Roadrunners at Oklahoma State Cowboys Event Date Time: 09/13/2014 TBA
- Texas Tech Red Raiders at Oklahoma State Cowboys Event Date Time: 09/25/2014 TBA
- Iowa State Cyclones at Oklahoma State Cowboys Event Date Time: 10/04/2014 TBA
- West Virginia Mountaineers at Oklahoma State Cowboys Event Date Time: 10/25/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout stadium at Plaza and Mezzanine Levels.
OSU Authentic Retail Store
- South side of facility
- Oklahoma State Football news
- Arriving Early: Tyreek Hill
- How I Got Here: Seth Jacobs
- Five Questions with Ryan Simmons
- Loyal and True: Brendan Fagan
- Kick Time Set For AdvoCare Cowboys Classic
- How I Got Here: Paul Lewis
- Cowboy Football Report, April 11
- Cowboy Football Report, April 10
- Coaches Chalk Talk - Justin Gilbert
OSU football: Boone Pickens Stadium has not been friendly to Bea2013-11-21 15:18:27
STILLWATER — Way back in the offseason, Baylor ...Read More...
- All guests and belongings may be subject to search.
- No tobacco products allowed on university property.
- Permitted. No video. For personal-use only.
- Permitted. 8 inch x 11 inch max.