Carver-Hawkeye ArenaIowa Hawkeyes
1 Elliot Drive, Iowa City, IA, 52242
Carver-Hawkeye Arena is home to the University of Iowa's NCAA basketball team as well as the wrestling, volleyball and gymnastics teams, the Hawkeyes. The stadium opened in 1983 with construction costs of $18.4 million and an initial seating capacity of 15,500 which has been reduced to 15,400. The court is dug into the ground with 42 rows rising from court side. Carver-Hawkeye has no center court scoreboard. Instead, there are large scoreboards at each end of the arena. The concourse circles at the top of the seating bowl produce a feeling of openness that is not found at any other Big Ten arena. The stadium is located in Iowa City, Iowa and was renovated in 2009. The arena replaced the previous basketball and wrestling arena, the Iowa Field House.
05-30-2015 Sat Hi 64°F
05-31-2015 Sun Hi 67°F
06-01-2015 Mon Hi 70°F
06-02-2015 Tue Hi 75°F
Lo 53°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Indiana Men's Basketball news
- Catching Up With #IUBB: Emmitt Holt
- Construction Update at Future Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall: Phase I
- Crean's Hoosiers Earn Third Straight APR Public Recognition Award From NCAA
- Catching Up With #IUBB: James Blackmon Jr.
- Catching Up With #IUBB: Collin Hartman
- Hoosiers at Duke for 2015 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- IU Head Coaches On The Road
- Catching Up With #IUBB: Troy Williams
- Catching Up With #IUBB: Robert Johnson
- All items are subject to search
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)