Ford FieldDetroit Lions
Ford Field is an indoor football stadium home to the Detroit Lions of the NFL located in Detroit, MI. The stadium opened in 2002 and the Lions hosted their first home game at Ford Field on March 28th, 2002. Ford Field cost an estimated $500 million to construct and includes the Hudson's Warehouse, which has been around since the 1920's. Ford Field has hosted a number of events such as 2009 Final Four and the 2010 Frozen Four, as well as college basketball and football events. Ford Field also hosts the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl.
09-30-2014 Tue Hi 63°F
10-01-2014 Wed Hi 70°F
10-02-2014 Thu Hi 73°F
10-03-2014 Fri Hi 65°F
Lo 41°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Ford Field is one out of nine NFL stadiums that are positioned with endzones in the east and west. The south is unique in that it was built around the six story Hudson Warehouse dating from 1920s. The building was renovated and is used to house the majority of the suites at Ford Field. Not to impose on the Detroit skyline the playing field and the lower level are below street level. Because of the harsh winter weather a steel support structure was constructed to make a permanent dome. Ford Field is part of a sports complex. Within in confines is Comerica Park home of the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. You will also find conventions areas and restaurants. Ford Field is an indoor stadium used for football by the Detroit Lions of the National Football league. Ground was broken for construction in November of 1999 and opened August of 2002. The stadium is located downtown Detroit. The seating capacity of the stadium is 65,000. This can be expanded to 70,000 for football and 80,000 for basketball. Unusual for indoor stadiums is the amount of natural light within the stadium. Ford Field was built with a large amount of glass that allows tremendous amount of natural light with in the stadium. Ford Field has a six-story glass atrium on the south end, large corner windows and windows along the ceiling, all contributing to the abundance of natural light.
- Sections 111, 113, 130 and 141
On-site - Surface Lots
- Monster Jam Event Date Time: 01/10/2015 7:00PM
- Monster Jam Event Date Time: 02/28/2015 7:00PM
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross Event Date Time: 03/21/2015 TBA
- Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions Event Date Time: 10/05/2014 1:00PM
- New Orleans Saints at Detroit Lions Event Date Time: 10/19/2014 1:00PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Upper and Lower Levels
- Sections 110, 119, 122, 132, 135, 219, 226 and 242
- Sections 121, 127, 133, 135, 219, 230, 235 and 242
Lions Pro Shop
- Sections 100, 112, 117, 122, 129, 132 and 136
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Designated outside areas
- Permitted. Lenses must be smaller than 5 inches.
- Permitted. 8.5x14x10 inches max.