George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
11-21-2014 Fri Hi 71°F
11-22-2014 Sat Hi 78°F
11-23-2014 Sun Hi 83°F
11-24-2014 Mon Hi 78°F
Lo 69°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Cashman, Valentine to participate in 'Heights & Lights'
- Cashman in wait-and-see mode on retooling Yanks
- Cashman sleeps on street to support cause
- Wheeler's rights sold to Rakuten as Yanks make moves
- Yanks add Colombian outfielder Emery to organization
- Ranking the top 25 prospects from the Arizona Fall League
- Top performances, prospects from 2014 Fall League
- Yankees' Bird named Arizona Fall League MVP
- Pettitte honored at Torre's Safe at Home Gala
- Trio of Yanks' prospects rake in final AFL game
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)