George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Gregorius becomes total package for Yanks
- McCann homers in return to Turner Field
- Yanks look to build on momentum in Atlanta
- Yankees erupt for 15 runs to rout Braves
- Montgomery hurls six perfect innings for Class A Advanced Tampa
- A-Rod playing the field in Atlanta unlikely
- Tex still bothered by leg injury, says 'I can't run'
- Looking to improve, Capuano accepts 4th assignment
- Cashman: Rest, not reinforcements, key for Yankees
- Pineda displeased with performance
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)