George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
08-28-2016 Sun Hi 91°F
08-29-2016 Mon Hi 88°F
08-30-2016 Tue Hi 91°F
08-31-2016 Wed Hi 92°F
Lo 80°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Sanchez fastest in MLB history to 11 homers
- Rookie monster: Sanchez powers Yanks by O's
- Slugging Sanchez doing it all
- Girardi believes surging Yanks can continue climb
- Yanks' offense hitting on all cylinders in August
- Yanks slide CC up to take on lefty-heavy O's
- Midseason update: Yankees' Top 30 Prospects list
- Heller: MLB debut with Yankees 'surreal'
- Hit in 57 games, win $5.6 million
- Sanchez-fueled Yanks penning thrilling script
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)