George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
11-01-2014 Sat Hi 62°F
11-02-2014 Sun Hi 66°F
11-03-2014 Mon Hi 75°F
11-04-2014 Tue Hi 80°F
Lo 65°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Chavez hired by Yankees as special assignment scout
- Revisions made to Yankees' spring schedule
- Yankees prep for busy Hot Stove season
- Judge continues raking with two homers in AFL win
- Jeter's farewell receives seven GIBBY nominations
- Sabathia's PitCCh In Foundation fields NYC Marathon team
- Judge to represent Yankees in Fall Stars Game
- Inbox: Is Robertson in Yankees' plans for 2015?
- Fall Bombers: Yankees' prospect trio powers up
- Yanks' Austin starts late rally in Fall League win
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)