George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
12-20-2014 Sat Hi 78°F
12-21-2014 Sun Hi 76°F
12-22-2014 Mon Hi 74°F
12-23-2014 Tue Hi 80°F
Lo 71°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Yanks land reliever Germen in deal with Mets
- Yankees acquire righty Eovaldi, send Prado to Marlins
- Yankees strengthen rotation, bring back Capuano
- With Headley, Yanks squarely in race for AL East title
- Staying with Yanks, Headley sets sights on Series title
- Inbox: Will Yankees pursue backup first baseman?
- Will Yanks turn over closer duties to Betances?
- 'Sir Didi' not afraid to follow captain's reign
- For Yankees, pursuits at Meetings hit a wall
- Chavez lends helpful perspective to Yankees
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)