George M. Steinbrenner FieldNew York Yankees Spring Training
1 Steinbrenner Dr, Tampa, FL, 33614
George M. Steinbreener Field is the spring training location for the New York Yankees. The stadium opened in 1996 with initial construction costs of $30 million. It features a natural grass playing surface and has a seating capacity of 11,000. Minor League Yankee's team the Tampa Yankees also calls the stadium their home. The stadium was previously known as Legends field until 2008. Renovations took place in 2006 which added seats and facilities behind right field costing $7.5 million. The stadium was built with field dimensions that were to mimic the old Yankee stadium for training purposes for the Yankees. The stadium opened with luxury suites and plaques honoring retired Yankee numbers. Barack Obama spoke at George M. Steinbrenner Field in 2008 for his presidential campaign.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Adjacent to facility - New York Yan
- $10.00/$8.00 with season pass
Adjacent to facility - Tampa Yankee
- No event is scheduled here.
- Throughout facility
- Behind Home Plate
- Yankees' Wild Card hopes take hit in Toronto
- Betances, Clippard can't seal deal vs. Jays
- Prospect Watch: Jordan Montgomery
- #AwardWorthy: Vote Sanchez for Best Rookie
- Family, friends celebrate Yogi at N.J. museum
- Yanks' postseason chase set for final road game
- Vote Sanchez for Best Rookie in Esurance MLB Awards
- Girardi: CC 'pitched really well' vs. Jays
- Yankees' Top 30 Prospects list
- No support for CC; Yanks miss WC opportunity
- Permitted. 16x16x8 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)