Joe Louis ArenaDetroit Red Wings
600 Civic Center Dr., Detroit, MI, 48226
The Joe Louis Arena is home to the NHL's Detroit Red Wings. The stadium opened in 1979 with construction costs of $57 million. The arena has seating for 20,066 for Red Wings games and 20,153 for basketball. It can expand to 21,666 for concerts. It has 86 suites and a private seating section. The stadium added a LED video screen in 2006. The Red Wings will move to a different stadium in the future because they announced that they will not renew their contract with Joe Louis Arena. There are two smoking areas outside of the Joe Louis Arena but smoking inside is banned. Joe Louis Arena is one of only three NHL stadiums that do not have a corporate sponsor name.
04-24-2014 Thu Hi 56°F
04-25-2014 Fri Hi 58°F
04-26-2014 Sat Hi 56°F
04-27-2014 Sun Hi 49°F
Lo 37°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- Sections 102 and 116
Adjacent - Joe Lewis Pa
- Stars On Ice Event Date Time: 04/27/2014 4:00PM
- NHL Playoffs - Rd 1 - Game 6 -Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (If Necessary) Event Date Time: 04/28/2014 TBA
- Red Wings Playoffs Rd 2 - East Conf Semifinals - HG 1 (Date TBD, If Necessary) Event Date Time: 05/01/2014 TBA
- Red Wings Playoffs Rd 2 - East Conf Semifinals - HG 2 (Date TBD, If Necessary) Event Date Time: 05/03/2014 TBA
- Red Wings Playoffs Rd 2 - East Conf Semifinals - HG 3 (Date TBD, If Necessary) Event Date Time: 05/10/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout the Arena
- Section 101
- All items are subject to search.
- Outside the East and West Gates only.
- Permitted. Lenses must be 80mm or less.
- Permitted. Must collaspse.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)