Marlins ParkMiami Marlins
Controversy Over Miami Ballpark
Posted March 9, 2012http://huff.to/zskpuJRead More...
Marlins Park a 'distracting' place to play
Posted May 1, 2012Blame it on the area just beyond the left-field...Read More...
03-10-2014 Mon Hi 81°F
03-11-2014 Tue Hi 81°F
03-12-2014 Wed Hi 85°F
03-13-2014 Thu Hi 75°F
Lo 64°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
From the inception of the Florida Marlins in April 1993 until October 2011, the team played its home games at the facility currently named Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens. When Marlins Park was built, the franchise held a major rebranding event on November 11, 2011. During the festivities, the "Florida Marlins" were officially renamed the "Miami Marlins" as required by the stadium contract with the city government. The team also unveiled its new uniforms and colors which were designed to match the colors of Marlins Park. Since first laying down sod in early February 2012, the grass has had difficulty growing under the frequently-closed roof. Planners had selected a strain of Bermuda grass—named Celebration—for its reputation of doing well in the shade. Even so, with the grass receiving only about 4 hours per day of sunlight, some of the sod keeps turning brown. The worst-affected area is in deep right field where patches of dead sod have been replaced multiple times. Groundskeepers are attempting to point grow lights on the area to nurse it to health on non-game days
- 3rd base entrance
- Team Store in West Plaza
- Promenade Level (across from sections 3, 15, and 25)
- Lexus Legends Level (sections 204 and 227)
- Vista Level (across from sections 318 and 326)
- No event is scheduled here.
- Koehler making case for fifth rotation spot
- Menechino determined to drive home message
- Hill sees encouraging signs as spring evolves
- Bullpen competition starting to heat up
- Marlins may be locked into lineup early
- Stanton hits first homer to back Koehler's solid start
- Mechanics key for Marlins' Turner this spring
- Johnson's role could go beyond mentor for Marlins
- Infield guru Hill not swayed by shift in thinking
- Marlins opt to slate Fernandez for sim game
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted - Factory sealed, no larger than 20 oz
- Permitted - clear plastic bags only
- Permitted - No larger than 16"x16"x8"