Marlins ParkMiami Marlins
Controversy Over Miami Ballpark
Posted March 9, 2012http://huff.to/zskpuJRead More...
Marlins Park a 'distracting' place to play
Posted May 1, 2012Blame it on the area just beyond the left-field...Read More...
04-21-2014 Mon Hi 82°F
04-22-2014 Tue Hi 88°F
04-23-2014 Wed Hi 90°F
04-24-2014 Thu Hi 83°F
Lo 75°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
From the inception of the Florida Marlins in April 1993 until October 2011, the team played its home games at the facility currently named Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens. When Marlins Park was built, the franchise held a major rebranding event on November 11, 2011. During the festivities, the "Florida Marlins" were officially renamed the "Miami Marlins" as required by the stadium contract with the city government. The team also unveiled its new uniforms and colors which were designed to match the colors of Marlins Park. Since first laying down sod in early February 2012, the grass has had difficulty growing under the frequently-closed roof. Planners had selected a strain of Bermuda grass—named Celebration—for its reputation of doing well in the shade. Even so, with the grass receiving only about 4 hours per day of sunlight, some of the sod keeps turning brown. The worst-affected area is in deep right field where patches of dead sod have been replaced multiple times. Groundskeepers are attempting to point grow lights on the area to nurse it to health on non-game days
- 3rd base entrance
- Team Store in West Plaza
- Promenade Level (across from sections 3, 15, and 25)
- Lexus Legends Level (sections 204 and 227)
- Vista Level (across from sections 318 and 326)
- No event is scheduled here.
- Marlins reap benefit of overturned call
- McGehee proving to be a hit at Marlins Park
- Koehler faces Braves in series opener in Atlanta
- Marlins offense getting it done early
- Bullpen the beneficiary of Alvarez's gem
- Marlins rally past Mariners in series finale
- Alvarez flirts with second no-no in two-hit shutout
- Marlins hitters ready for when teams walk Stanton
- Late innings a work in progress for bullpen
- Marlins keeping transfer rule in mind in the field
- All items are subject to search
- Permitted - Factory sealed, no larger than 20 oz
- Permitted - clear plastic bags only
- Permitted - No larger than 16"x16"x8"