Memorial StadiumIllinois Fighting Illini
Memorial Stadium is located in Champaign Illinois. It is a football stadium on the campus of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and home to the Illinois Fighting Illini. Memorial Stadium has a seating capacity of 70,904 and the playing surface is FieldTurf.
03-03-2015 Tue Hi 42°F
03-04-2015 Wed Hi 15°F
03-05-2015 Thu Hi 13°F
03-06-2015 Fri Hi 33°F
Lo 23°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium is a memorial to the University of Illinois students who died in World War I and was dedicated on October 18, 1924. In 2002, the stadium dedication was extended to include those that died in World War II. The names of the fallen are etched on pillars that surround the stadium’s façade. Construction began on Memorial Stadium in September 1922 and was completed by November 1923. When originally built, the stadium consisted of double-decked stands on both sidelines. During construction there was heavy rain and a bulldozer sank into the field. It was decided that the cost of removing it outweighed the cost of leaving it buried under the field. It still remains there today. Beginning after the 2006 season, Memorial Stadium underwent a massive renovation project that was completed in 2008. All four sides of the stadium concourse areas were improved to include renovated concessions and restroom facilities. In 2002, Memorial Stadium served as the home field for the Chicago Bears while Soldier Field was being renovated. Memorial Stadium has hosted the IHSA football state finals since 1999.
- Great West Hall
- North Stands
- Colonnades Club Level
Surrounding facility - General
- No open flames. One space/vehicle.
- Kent State Golden Flashes at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 09/05/2015 TBA
- Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 09/26/2015 TBA
- Nebraska Cornhuskers at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 10/03/2015 TBA
- Wisconsin Badgers at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 10/24/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout facility
- Gate 15 on the East Side, Gate 16 on the West Side
Fighting Illini Merchandise
- East and West Great Halls of Stadium
- Illinois Football news
- J Leman - To Be an Illini
- Walk-On Tryout Informational Meeting Set for Feb. 25
- Fighting Illini Sports Network Continues Agreement with Local Stations
- Phair Named Co-Defensive Coordinator/DL Coach
- Fighting Illini Football Announces 2015 Ticket Options
- #Illini Sign 3-Year Agreement for Football Games at Soldier Field
- Aaron Bailey Granted Transfer Release
- #Illini Lock Up Strong 2015 Signing Class
- @IlliniFootball National Signing Day Coverage
- All items and guests are subject to search.
- Designated areas only. Must have a pass-out.
- Permitted. No video. Must be small, hand-held. For personal-use
- Permitted. Must be a factory-sealed plastic bottle, 20oz or less
- Permitted. Must be in a clear plastic bag.