Memorial StadiumIllinois Fighting Illini
Memorial Stadium is located in Champaign Illinois. It is a football stadium on the campus of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and home to the Illinois Fighting Illini. Memorial Stadium has a seating capacity of 70,904 and the playing surface is FieldTurf.
10-31-2014 Fri Hi 43°F
11-01-2014 Sat Hi 45°F
11-02-2014 Sun Hi 46°F
11-03-2014 Mon Hi 60°F
Lo 46°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium is a memorial to the University of Illinois students who died in World War I and was dedicated on October 18, 1924. In 2002, the stadium dedication was extended to include those that died in World War II. The names of the fallen are etched on pillars that surround the stadium’s façade. Construction began on Memorial Stadium in September 1922 and was completed by November 1923. When originally built, the stadium consisted of double-decked stands on both sidelines. During construction there was heavy rain and a bulldozer sank into the field. It was decided that the cost of removing it outweighed the cost of leaving it buried under the field. It still remains there today. Beginning after the 2006 season, Memorial Stadium underwent a massive renovation project that was completed in 2008. All four sides of the stadium concourse areas were improved to include renovated concessions and restroom facilities. In 2002, Memorial Stadium served as the home field for the Chicago Bears while Soldier Field was being renovated. Memorial Stadium has hosted the IHSA football state finals since 1999.
- Great West Hall
- North Stands
- Colonnades Club Level
Surrounding facility - General
- No open flames. One space/vehicle.
- Iowa Hawkeyes at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 11/15/2014 TBA
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Illinois Fighting Illini Event Date Time: 11/22/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout facility
- Gate 15 on the East Side, Gate 16 on the West Side
Fighting Illini Merchandise
- East and West Great Halls of Stadium
- Illinois Football news
- Illini in the NFL 2014 - Week 8
- Game 9 Notes: Illinois at #13 Ohio State
- Tim Beckman Weekly Press Conference Quotes
- DuVernois Named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week
- ICYMI: Illini Fight for Four Quarters to Bury Gophers
- Postgame Quotes - Illinois vs. Minnesota, October 25 2014
- Postgame Notes - Illinois vs. Minnesota, October 25 2014
- Defensive Effort Lifts Illinois to 28-24 Victory Against Gophers
- Stu Levenick Receives Varsity "I" Achievement Award
- All items and guests are subject to search.
- Designated areas only. Must have a pass-out.
- Permitted. No video. Must be small, hand-held. For personal-use
- Permitted. Must be a factory-sealed plastic bottle, 20oz or less
- Permitted. Must be in a clear plastic bag.