Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan to lower student ticket prices
Posted October 24, 2014By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managin...Read More...
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y
Posted September 29, 2014Jason Kirk - SB Nation - Michigan foot...Read More...
01-30-2015 Fri Hi 19°F
01-31-2015 Sat Hi 33°F
02-01-2015 Sun Hi 15°F
02-02-2015 Mon Hi 15°F
Lo 8°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- 2015 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
- Oregon State Beavers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
- UNLV Rebels at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/19/2015 TBA
- BYU Cougars at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/26/2015 TBA
- Northwestern Wildcats at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/10/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Inside Michigan Football Signing Day Webcast to Air on Feb. 4
- Trio of Former Wolverines to Compete in Super Bowl XLIX
- Kornacki: Responsibility, Chemistry, Trust Key for Secondary Coach Zordich
- Harbaugh Names Zordich Secondary Coach
- Kornacki: Jay Harbaugh Joins Family Lineage at Michigan
- Jay Harbaugh Joins Staff as Tight Ends, Assistant Special Teams Coach
- Kornacki: Wheatley Ready to Pay It Forward at Michigan
- Wheatley Returns to Michigan as Running Backs Coach
- Kornacki: Fisch's Offensive Style Spawns from Coaching Greats
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.