Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Michigan season ticket sales spike
Posted July 17, 2015Associated Press - ANN ARBOR, Mich. --...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Hawaii Warriors at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 TBA
- UCF Golden Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 TBA
- Colorado Buffaloes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/17/2016 TBA
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/24/2016 TBA
- Wisconsin Badgers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/01/2016 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Griese Awarded with Big Ten's Ford-Kinnick Leadership Award
- Michigan Football Q&A: Amara Darboh
- Fans Encouraged to Arrive Early for OSU Game for Additional Screening
- Kornacki: U-M Matches '97 Squad with B1G Road Perfection
- 2015 Michigan Football Statistics (11-game Totals)
- Boxscore: #14 Michigan 28, Penn State 16
- Postgame Notes: #14 Michigan 28, Penn State 16
- Player Participation: #14 Michigan 28, Penn State 16
- No. 14 Michigan Stifles Penn State for Ninth Victory
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.