Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 83
Posted May 5, 2016Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live ANN A...Read More...
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- International Champions Cup: Real Madrid CF vs. Chelsea FC Event Date Time: 07/30/2016 3:00PM
- Hawaii Warriors at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 12:00PM
- 2016 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 TBA
- UCF Golden Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 12:00PM
- Colorado Buffaloes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/17/2016 3:30PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Kornacki: Seeing Strides in Year Two of Youth Impact Program
- CBS Radio Detroit Signs Multiyear Agreement to Air U-M Sports
- U-M, ND to Renew Football Rivalry with Home-and-Home Series in 2018-19
- Granito Joins Michigan Staff as Head Athletic Trainer
- Kickoff Times Announced for UCF, Colorado Games
- Kornacki: Michigan QB O'Korn's Special Connection with 'G'eorgia
- Preseason Honors: Peppers Selected to '16 Paul Hornung Award Watch List
- Season Opener with Hawaii Slated for Noon Kickoff on ESPN
- Homecoming Game vs. Illinois to Kick Off at 3:30 p.m.
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
Howard King, the voice of Michigan Stadium, dies at 832016-05-05 14:47:51
Brendan F. Quinn - Michigan Live
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.