Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium
Posted October 19, 2015Kylee Wierks - WXIN - ANN ARBOR, MI (O...Read More...
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Michigan season ticket sales spike
Posted July 17, 2015Associated Press - ANN ARBOR, Mich. --...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- 2016 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 09/02/2016 TBA
- Hawaii Warriors at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/03/2016 TBA
- UCF Golden Knights at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/10/2016 TBA
- Colorado Buffaloes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/17/2016 TBA
- Penn State Nittany Lions at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/24/2016 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Kornacki: Behind the Scenes at Signing of the Stars
- U-M Lands Top-Five National Recruiting Class with 28 Signees
- Wolverines, Ravens Staffs Headline Michigan Coaches Clinic Lineup
- Michigan Football to Host Signing of the Stars Event on Feb. 3
- Hall of Fame Coach Carr Named to CFP Committee
- Five Former Wolverines to Play in Postseason All-Star Games
- Partridge Announced as Linebackers and Special Teams Coach
- Season Review: 2015 Michigan Football
- Michigan Ranked in Top 12 of Final National Polls
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
Fan suffers heart attack in Michigan’s stadium2015-10-19 14:13:47
Kylee Wierks - WXIN -
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.