Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
NHL to host free fan festival to celebrate 2014 Bridgestone NHL
Posted December 10, 2013NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League, in conj...Read More...
Michigan Stadium to Remain Alcohol Free
Posted March 18, 2014
04-19-2014 Sat Hi 52°F
04-20-2014 Sun Hi 67°F
04-21-2014 Mon Hi 72°F
04-22-2014 Tue Hi 60°F
Lo 33°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Manchester United vs Real Madrid Event Date Time: 08/02/2014 4:00PM
- 2014 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 08/29/2014 TBA
- Appalachian State Mountaineers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 08/30/2014 TBA
- Miami (OH) Redhawks at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/13/2014 TBA
- Utah Utes at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/20/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Dierdorf to Join Brandstatter in Radio Booth for Michigan Football
- Chesson-Darboh Wide Receiver Bond Extends Beyond Playing Field
- Big Ten Medal of Honor Q&A: Jon Jansen (1999)
- U-M to Host its First-Ever B1G Night Game on Oct. 11 vs. Penn State
- Postgame Quotes: C.S. Mott Spring Game Presented by PNC Bank
- Wolverines Hold Annual Spring, Alumni Flag Football Games
- Towsley Museum inside Schembechler Hall Open to Public on Saturday
- Fan Guide to Spring Game, Men's Lacrosse Battle at the Big House
- Slippery Rock Football Game Tickets on Sale to Public
NHL to host free fan festival to celebrate 2014 Bridgestone NHL2013-12-10 14:12:58
NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League, in conj...Read More...
Michigan Stadium to Remain Alcohol Free2014-03-18 16:49:43
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.