Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan to lower student ticket prices
Posted October 24, 2014By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managin...Read More...
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y
Posted September 29, 2014Jason Kirk - SB Nation - Michigan foot...Read More...
04-19-2015 Sun Hi 55°F
04-20-2015 Mon Hi 58°F
04-21-2015 Tue Hi 53°F
04-22-2015 Wed Hi 53°F
Lo 32°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- No event is scheduled here.
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Michigan Football
- Michigan to Face Maryland in Primetime on BTN
- Konacki: Aussie Punter O'Neill Ready to Make Impact for Wolverines
- Punter Blake O'Neill Joins Michigan Football as Graduate Student
- Kornacki: Rudock Discusses Decision to Join Wolverines
- Michigan Announces Addition of Graduate Quarterback Jake Rudock
- Kornacki: Harbaugh Displays Hands-On Approach in Wolverine Scrimmage
- Kornacki: Morris Takes Lead in Wolverines' Quarterback Derby
- Postgame Quotes: Spring Game Presented by PNC Bank
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.