Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan to lower student ticket prices
Posted October 24, 2014By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managin...Read More...
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y
Posted September 29, 2014Jason Kirk - SB Nation - Michigan foot...Read More...
10-25-2014 Sat Hi 66°F
10-26-2014 Sun Hi 57°F
10-27-2014 Mon Hi 71°F
10-28-2014 Tue Hi 65°F
Lo 43°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Indiana Hoosiers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 11/01/2014 3:30PM
- Maryland Terrapins at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 11/22/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- FAQ: 2015 Michigan Football Student Season Tickets
- U-M Athletics and CSG Announce 2015 Football Student Ticket Plan
- This Week in Michigan Football: Brady Hoke Press Conference
- Gardner on MSU Game: It's About Us
- Brady Hoke Monday Press Conference: Michigan State Week
- Wolverines Q&A: Hoke on Bye Week, Michigan State
- Wile Continues Michigan Family Lineage
- Central Student Government, U-M Athletics Agree to Collaboration
- Michigan Stadium Set for Slippery Rock Football
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.