Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,601
Posted August 7, 2015Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press - Mic...Read More...
Michigan season ticket sales spike
Posted July 17, 2015Associated Press - ANN ARBOR, Mich. --...Read More...
Michigan to lower student ticket prices
Posted October 24, 2014By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managin...Read More...
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Oregon State Beavers at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 12:00PM
- 2015 Michigan Wolverines Football Season (All regular season home games) Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
- UNLV Rebels at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/19/2015 12:00PM
- BYU Cougars at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 09/26/2015 TBA
- Northwestern Wildcats at Michigan Wolverines Event Date Time: 10/10/2015 3:30PM
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Kornacki: Former Wolverine Mealer Recalls Archrival's Compassion
- This Week in Michigan Football: U-M at Utah
- Kornacki: Five Years after the Cheers, Barwis and Brock Thriving
- Inside Michigan Football Radio Show to Return Aug. 31
- Kornacki: Houma Going Home to Play Utah
- Inside Michigan Football TV Show to Kick Off Aug. 30
- Harbaugh Q&A: Season Opener at Utah, All-White Jerseys
- Bolden, Kerridge Selected Captains of Team 136
- Kornacki: Drevno, Durkin Talk Camp Atmosphere, Developments
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
Michigan season ticket sales spike2015-07-17 16:33:53
Associated Press -
Michigan Stadium capacity reduced to 107,6012015-08-07 18:40:05
Mark Snyder - Detroit Free Press -
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.