Michigan StadiumMichigan Wolverines
Michigan to lower student ticket prices
Posted October 24, 2014By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managin...Read More...
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y
Posted September 29, 2014Jason Kirk - SB Nation - Michigan foot...Read More...
11-21-2014 Fri Hi 24°F
11-22-2014 Sat Hi 40°F
11-23-2014 Sun Hi 47°F
11-24-2014 Mon Hi 51°F
Lo 26°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1927 with a seating capacity of 82,000 and construction costs of $950,000. The new structure was built on land that had been home to an underground spring. The water posed a problem during construction, creating a surface that resembled quicksand. It was this moist ground that engulfed a crane which remains under the stadium today. The high water table also led to nearly three-quarters of the stadium being built below ground level. The stadium featured a natural grass playing surface and after experimenting with Artificial turf it returned to natural grass in 1991. In 2003, the popular FieldTurf playing surface was installed. In 2010, the stadium underwent $226 million worth of renovations. Renovations included new bleachers, wider aisles and seats, a new press box, and luxury boxes/club seating. In 2011, the stadium added a new scoreboard and permanent lighting.
- North and South ends of the stadium
- Outside the Stadium at Gate G
Surrounding facility - General
- Event Date Time:
- Event Date Time:
- Michigan Stadium Event Date Time:
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Sections 2, 4, 15-21, 25-31, 42 and 43
- By Gates 9 and 10
- Michigan Football news
- Profiles in Fandom: Section 316, Row 8, Seats 1-4
- Profiles in Fandom: Section 306, Row 1, Seats 11-12
- This Week in Michigan Football: Brady Hoke Press Conference
- Profiles in Fandom: Section 415, Row 1, Seats 7-8
- Ryan Joins Elite Company in Michigan Football Lore
- Profiles in Fandom: Section 44, Row 30, Seats 7-10
- Big House, Big Thanks: Fan Appreciation Day Set for Saturday
- Brady Hoke Monday Press Conference: Maryland Week
- Wolverines Q&A: Hoke on Bye Week, Maryland
Photos of Michigan Stadium looking very non-sellout-y2014-09-29 15:48:31
Jason Kirk - SB Nation -
Michigan to lower student ticket prices2014-10-24 16:38:50
- All guests and items are subject to search
- Permitted. Single-frame flash only.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.
- Permitted. 5x8x5 inches max.