Ross-Ade StadiumPurdue Boilermakers
Ross-Ade Stadium is an outdoor football stadium located in West Lafayette, Indiana on the campus of Purdue University. The stadium is home to Purdue Boilermaker football. Ross-Ade Stadium has been in operation since 1924 and after renovation holds a capacity of 62,500 occupants. The largest crowd ever to see a game in Ross-Ade is 71,629 against Indiana on Nov. 22, 1980.
12-19-2014 Fri Hi 35°F
12-20-2014 Sat Hi 37°F
12-21-2014 Sun Hi 42°F
12-22-2014 Mon Hi 45°F
Lo 40°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Built to replace the old football venue Stuart Field, Ross-Ade Stadium was dedicated November 22, 1924 with a victory over Indiana. The stadium is named in honor of David Ross and George Ade, Purdue alumni who were the primary donors for the new stadium. The stadium opened with a seating capacity of 13,500, although the addition of seating in the north end of the stadium increased this to 23,074. Additions in 1949, 1955, 1965, and 1969-70 brought this total to 67,332. A three-phase expansion of the stadium at an estimated $70 million was announced in 2000. In 2001-2003, the first phase was completed with a new press-box, expanded concourses and luxury suites. The second and third phases include plans for additional seating on the east and north upper decks. While many stadiums moved to artificial turf in the 1960s and 70s, Ross-Ade Stadium began using Prescription Athletic Turf in 1975. The popularity and safety of this sand-based system with internal drainage led to many schools abandoning artificial turf in the 1990s.
Off of 3rd Street and off of McC - Public Parking & RV Parking
- $ 10.00
- No event is scheduled here.
Standard / Speciality Concessions
- Throughout Stadium
Purdue Pride Store
- Northeast corner of Stadium
- All items and guests are subject to search
- No Tobacco use at all
- Permitted - only small bags