Ryan FieldNorthwestern Wildcats
Ryan Field is located in Evanston, Illinois on the Northwestern University campus. It was formerly known as Dyche Stadium. It is home to the Northwestern Wildcats football team of the Big Ten Conference. The current seating capacity is 47,130 and the playing surface is natural grass. Ryan Field is owned and operated by Northwestern University.
10-22-2014 Wed Hi 51°F
10-23-2014 Thu Hi 56°F
10-24-2014 Fri Hi 60°F
10-25-2014 Sat Hi 61°F
Lo 47°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Construction started in the spring of 1926 and was completed later that year. The original seating capacity was 25,000. In 1949 the stadium was expanded by a horseshoe structure at the south end and again in 1952. This increased the seating capacity to 49,256 and with temporary bleachers sometimes used on the north end rose to the capacity to 55,000. In 1961 a press box and an elevator to the second deck were installed. In 1973 Tartan Turf was installed to replace the grass field. In 1994 the artificial turf was replaced with AstroTurf being the last renovation of the “old” Dyche Stadium. In 1996-1997 the stadium (Dyche Stadium) underwent major reconstruction which included a redesign of the stadium. Reopening in the fall of 1997 the stadium did so with a new name – Ryan Field. In 1997 in honor of Patrick G. Ryan family, chairman of Northwestern’s Board of Trustees and contributions given, the field was named Ryan Field. The 1996 renovations included new seating, replacing the turf field with natural grass and a three level structure on the west end which houses the stadium club and media. The renovation also included football locker room, sports medicine center and equipment room.
Zoom out on map to see - additional parking at downtown Northwestern campus
- Michigan Wolverines at Northwestern Wildcats Event Date Time: 11/08/2014 TBA
- Illinois Fighting Illini at Northwestern Wildcats Event Date Time: 11/29/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Northwestern Football news
- Tickets On Sale Now For Wildcat Wednesday With 'The Game 87.7FM'
- The Skip Report: Tale of Two Halves
- Postgame Notes: No. 19/19 Nebraska 38, Northwestern 17
- Postgame Quotes: No. 19/19 Nebraska 38, Northwestern 17
- Northwestern Overcome by Nebraska's Second-Half Surge, 38-17
- The Skip Report: Northwestern vs. Nebraska Preview
- The Skip Report: From Small Town to the Big Ten
- The Skip Report: Monday News Conference Notes
- Northwestern Welcomes No. 19 Nebraska to Ryan Field on Homecoming
- All bags are subject to search