Safeco FieldSeattle Mariners
Safeco Field was constructed in the years 1997-1999 in Seattle, Washington. The stadium is home to the Seattle Mariners and is owned and operated by the Washington – King County Stadium Authority.
The Mariners previous home stadium, the Kingdome became apparent of needing some major repairs in the 1990s. Funding was approved in 1995 for a new stadium and construction started in 1997. Safeco Field opened in 1999 following the same neo-traditional pattern that the other ballparks at the time were being built as. Before the stadium was completed in 1998 the naming rights were purchased for 20 years by Safeco – Insurance. They named the stadium Safeco Field.
Safeco Field has a retractable roof. Unlike other stadiums with a retractable roof, Safeco Field’s roof acts as an “umbrella”. The roof stands above the stadium rather than completely enclosing the structure forming a climate controlled facility.
- Safeco Field
1250 1st Avenue S Seattle, WA 98134
Call at (206) 346-4000
- Washington's King County Stadium
- Safeco Corporation
- Center & Left Fi
- 8 directly outside and throughout the Ballpark
Surrounding facility - General
Adjacent to facility - ADA Garage
- Must be purchased in advance (206) 346-4001
- 02/27 Seattle Mariners vs. San Diego Padres (ST)
- 03/01 Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (ST)
- 03/02 Cleveland Indians vs Seattle Mariners (ST)
- 03/03 Cincinnati Reds vs Seattle Mariners (ST)
- 03/03 Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies (SS) (ST)
- 03/04 Los Angeles Dodgers vs Seattle Mariners (ST)
- 03/05 Seattle Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians (ST)
- 03/06 Chicago White Sox vs Seattle Mariners (ST)
- 03/07 Seattle Mariners vs. Cincinnati Reds (ST)
- 03/08 San Francisco Giants vs. Seattle Mariners (ST)
Kidd Valley Burgers & Fries
- Sections 106, 149 and 325
- Throughout facility
- Mariners have experience dealing in big numbers
- Mariners players pumped about Cano deal
- Mariners need to add more than Cano to compete
- Cano bucks odds again with Mariners' megadeal
- Sources: Cano agrees to deal with Mariners
- Club seeks upgrades throughout roster at Meetings
- Bloomquist excited to return to where career began
- Next year's Draft deeper, packed with pitchers
- Wilson named roving Minors catching coordinator
- Inbox: What will Saunders' role be in '14?
- Security personnel are required to open all bags
- Permitted. Personal cameras only.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided.
- Permitted. Must be 16x16x8 inches or less.
Browse Fan Reviews
Silver Cloud Hotel Stadium1046 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA, 98134
Phone no: 206-204-9800
Located next to Safeco Field, Qwest Field and Event Center and within walking distance to the historic Pioneer Square District. The Silver Cloud Hotel - Stadium offers something for everyone. The hotel features rooms with King beds or two Queen beds; King
Doubletree Arctic Club Hotel Seattledowntown700 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA, 98104
Phone no: 206-340-0340
The Doubletree Arctic Club Hotel Seattle - Downtown in the heart of the downtown Seattle financial district is a landmark Seattle hotel beautifully restored to provide the best in contemporary Doubletree hospitality.
Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square612 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104
Phone no: 206-625-1111
Our BRAND NEW Pioneer Square hotel is located in the heart of downtown Seattle's historic center with water views of Elliott Bay. A conversion of the historic 1904 Alaska Building, the Courtyard Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square hotel boasts both amenities
Hit it Here Cafe and Terrace1250 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA, 98134
Phone no: 206-346-4373
Located in the ballpark
Jimmy's on First1046 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA, 98134
Phone no: 206-204-9700
Located conviently in the Silver Cloud Hotel
Hawk's Nest Bar & Grill1028 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA, 98134
Phone no: 206-381-8630
Across from Qwest Field , 14 Beers on Tap, Full Bar, All Games in HD