San Jose Municipal StadiumSan Jose Giants
588 E. Alma Ave, San Jose, CA, 95112
San Jose Municipal Stadium is home to the San Francisco Giant's Minor League Baseball affiliate, the San Jose Giants. The Spartans from San Jose State University has also played some games and Muni Stadium, the stadium's common nickname. The stadium opened in 1942 with initial construction costs of $80,000. It opened with a seating capacity of 2,900 but has since expanded to seat 4,200. The stadium has a Baby Bermuda Grass Playing field surface. In the 1990's the stadium underwent multiple renovations. In 1994 the stadium renovated the restrooms and clubhouse, in 1996 the stadium added more box seats expanding the seating capacity, and in 1999 the stadium increased the dugout size by expanding them towards the field.
Weather ForecastWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- No event is scheduled here.
- Giants Earn 5-2 Victory Over Rawhide
- Late Home Run Lifts Rawhide Past Giants, 7-6
- Giants Split In Stockton After 5-2 Loss
- San Jose Giants Homestand Preview: July 4 - July 10
- San Jose Giants Mourn Passing of Richard "Woody" Woodard
- Villalona, Arroyo Power Giants To 7-3 Victory
- Ports Top Giants To Even Series
- 18-Hit Outburst Propels Giants Past Ports
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)