Spartan StadiumMichigan State Spartans
Mark Dantonio: Spartan Stadium crowd 'outstanding'
Posted October 27, 2014Kevin Austin - Michigan Live - EAST LANSING --...Read More...
Michigan State AD unhappy with student attendance
Posted October 6, 2014Mike Griffith - Michigan Live - EAST L...Read More...
10-25-2016 Tue Hi 53°F
10-26-2016 Wed Hi 45°F
10-27-2016 Thu Hi 49°F
10-28-2016 Fri Hi 53°F
Lo 38°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium opened in 1923 with a natural grass playing field and initial construction costs of only $160,000. The stadium switched to a surface called TartanTurf in 1969 but once again switched surfaces to Astroturf in 1978. In 2002, Spartan Stadium returned to its Natural Grass playing surface. The stadium opened with a seating capacity of a mere 14,000 but after several renovations and expansions the stadium has room to seat 75,005. In 2005, Spartan Stadium opened with 24 brand new luxury suites, 800 club seats, upgraded bathrooms, and 3,000 additional seats which cost the stadium $64 million. The stadium added multiple video boards throughout the stadium in 2012. For almost 9 years, the stadium held the world record for the largest ice hockey crowd in history. On October 6, 2001, a rink was constructed at the center of the stadium for Michigan State's season-opening game against arch rival Michigan. Dubbed "The Cold War", 74,554 watched No. 1 nationally ranked Michigan State and No. 4 nationally ranked Michigan skate to a 3–3 tie.
- Lower level Section 25
- Outside the gates
- Southwest corner of the Stadium
Surrounding facility and on camp - General
- Bowling Green Falcons at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/09/2017 TBA
- Western Michigan Broncos at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/16/2017 TBA
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/23/2017 TBA
- Iowa Hawkeyes at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/30/2017 TBA
- Indiana Hoosiers at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 10/21/2017 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- West Lower and Upper Concourses
- East Lower and Upper Concourses
- West Gates G&H at Section 26
Michigan State AD unhappy with student attendance2014-10-06 17:01:52
Mike Griffith - Michigan Live -
Mark Dantonio: Spartan Stadium crowd 'outstanding'2014-10-27 14:20:01
Kevin Austin - Michigan Live -
- All gates visually inspect bags.
- Designated areas away from seating
- Permitted. No video or professional equipment.
- Permitted. 5.5x8.5x2 inches max.