Spartan StadiumMichigan State Spartans
Red Cedar Rd. and Shaw Lane, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Spartan Stadium is home to the Michigan State University's NCAA football team, the Spartans of East Lansing, Michigan. The stadium opened in 1923 with a natural grass playing field and initial construction costs of only $160,000. The stadium switched to a surface called TartanTurf in 1969 but once again switched surfaces to Astroturf in 1978. In 2002 Spartan Stadium returned to its Natural Grass playing surface. The stadium opened with a seating capacity of a mere 14,000 but after several renovations and expansions the stadium has room to seat 75,005. In 2005 Spartan Stadium opened with 24 brand new luxury suites, 800 club seats, upgraded bathrooms, and 3,000 additional seats which cost the stadium $64 million. The stadium added multiple video boards throughout the stadium in 2012.
03-12-2014 Wed Hi 26°F
03-13-2014 Thu Hi 26°F
03-14-2014 Fri Hi 46°F
03-15-2014 Sat Hi 37°F
Lo 4°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- Lower level Section 25
- Outside the gates
- Southwest corner of the Stadium
Surrounding facility and on camp - General
- 2014 Michigan State Spartans Football Season (All Home Games) Event Date Time: 08/29/2014 TBA
- Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 08/30/2014 TBA
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/20/2014 TBA
- Wyoming Cowboys at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 09/27/2014 TBA
- Nebraska Cornhuskers at Michigan State Spartans Event Date Time: 10/04/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- West Lower and Upper Concourses
- East Lower and Upper Concourses
- West Gates G&H at Section 26
- All gates visually inspect bags.
- Designated areas away from seating
- Permitted. No video or professional equipment.
- Permitted. 5.5x8.5x2 inches max.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)