Tad Smith ColiseumOle Miss Rebels
C. M. "Tad" Smith Coliseum is a 9,061-seat multi-purpose arena on the campus of the University of Mississippi. It is home to the University of Mississippi Rebels and Lady Rebels basketball teams. It has also hosted many concerts, one of which was The Allman Brothers with Gov't Mule in November 1995. The circular building, similar to many arenas constructed at the time, has a 272-foot-diameter white steel-framed, Neoprene-covered roof which tops out at 89 feet above the court. From its exterior, it looks like a giant hub cap. The floor, 130' from end to end with its Rebel red and blue trim, is located twelve feet below the surrounding ground level. The seats were replaced in 2001 with navy blue upholstered seats. The center-court scoreboard includes four new[when?] Pro Star video boards and a state-of-the-art[clarification needed] sound system. The outside of the building includes red Mississippi brick and blue vinyl-covered steel siding. It is located to the southwest of the center of campus, west of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. A Confederate cemetery lies behind the building.
04-23-2014 Wed Hi 58°F
04-24-2014 Thu Hi 63°F
04-25-2014 Fri Hi 56°F
04-26-2014 Sat Hi 59°F
Lo 39°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The building opened during 1965–1966 as Rebel Coliseum. It was renamed on March 25, 1972, to honor C. M. "Tad" Smith, former three-sport letterman, coach and athletic director at the university. The largest crowd ever at the building was on February 10, 2007, when 9,452 fans watched the Rebels defeat the No. 18 Alabama Crimson Tide. Prior to the building of the Coliseum, the team played in Old Gym (now the Martindale Student Services Center), a 2,500-seat gym built in 1929.
Intramural Drive - General Public and RV
West Jackson Ave - General Public
- $50/day - $15/vehicle
"The Grove" - Tailgating
- No event is scheduled here.
- Ole Miss Men's Basketball news
- Ole Miss Signs Big Man Transfer Rhett
- Rebels To Play In Inaugural Emerald Coast Classic
- Ole Miss Hoops Adds Juco Standout Lawrence, Transfer Smith
- BancorpSouth Rebel Road Trip Cranks Up Next Week
- Henderson To Compete In State Farm 3-Point Championship
- Ole Miss Falls To Georgia In SEC Quarters
- Future SEC Men's Basketball Tournament Early Rounds To Air Exclusively On SEC Network
- Ole Miss Marches On In SEC Tourney, Faces Georgia
- Second Half Rally Leads Rebels Past Mississippi State