Turner FieldAtlanta Braves
Turner Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves. The park was built as a centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics and originally called Centennial Olympic Stadium. Because of the need for a track to fit inside the stadium for Olympic competition, foul territory is larger than most MLB stadiums. Turner Field has hosted numerous playoff games, as the Braves experienced baseball dominance over the years, winning eleven division titles. Although the stadium is just 18 years old, the Braves have announced plans to vacate Turner Field for a new stadium in Atlanta’s northwest suburbs. Team officials cite traffic and parking difficulties and lack of control over development around the stadium as key reasons for moving the team out of the city.
03-27-2015 Fri Hi 56°F
03-28-2015 Sat Hi 53°F
03-29-2015 Sun Hi 59°F
03-30-2015 Mon Hi 67°F
Lo 45°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
The stadium was originally constructed as the 85,000 seat Centennial Olympic Stadium. Immediately following the Olympic Games, much of the north end of the stadium was removed in order to convert it to a 49,000-seat baseball park. The most popular choice among Atlanta residents for a new stadium name was Hank Aaron Stadium, named after the former Braves slugger. Instead, team officials opted for Turner Field, named after media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner who founded cable stations CNN and WTBS.
- Monument Grove
- Field Level
- Terrace Level
- Golden Moon Casino Level
- Upper Level
Surrounding the Ballpark - General
- No tents. Grilling is permitted in the grassy area only. Must have something to extinguish the coals.
- No event is scheduled here.
- Plaza & Upper level
The Braves Chop House
- Throughout the facility
- Fredi effusive in praise of retiring catcher Buck
- C. Johnson, Gomes go deep as Braves best Bucs
- Fredi unlikely to implement strict platoon in left or at third
- Despite shaky outing, Wandy remains in rotation mix
- Bench spots yet to be determined as season draws near
- Follow the leaders: Braves value veterans' presence
- Foltynewicz rattled by Phils, but still in rotation mix
- Fredi confident Markakis will be ready for opener
- Terdoslavich injures hand on unassisted double play
- Folty gives up two homers in rotation audition
- Designated areas only
- Permitted. Must be hand-held. No gameplay footage.
- Permitted. Must be small.
- Permitted. Must be soft-sided, without a plastic liner.
- Permitted. Must be in a factory-sealed plastic bottle.