University of Phoenix StadiumArizona Cardinals
1 Cardinals Dr, Glendale, AZ, 85305
The Cardinals were formed as a football team in 1898. From their existence the Cardinals have shared a stadium with some other team until 2006 when Cardinal Stadium was built and opened. Shortly after the stadium had opened the University of Phoenix acquired the naming rights for 20 years and changed the name to University of Phoenix. The University of Phoenix Stadium was built on 28 acres site with the stadium taking up three. The surrounding 25 acres is referred to as Sportsman’s Park and within the park 8 acres of it is called Great Lawn used for tailgating. Construction of the stadium began in 2003. Expected to be completed by the 2005 season was delayed a year opening in 2006. The seating capacity is 63,400 and can be expandable to 72,800. The total cost of the project was $455 million with the stadium costing $395.4 million, the land costing $17.8 million and remaining $41.7 million for site improvements. The stadium has the first fully retractable roof, side and playing field that can move in and out of the structure. The retractable roof consisted of two panels made out of translucent “Bird-Air” fabric. The roof can be opened or closed in about twelve minutes. The retractable natural grass playing field is the first in North America. On game day the field is rolled into position, but is kept outside the stadium in its rolled out state the rest of the year.
09-18-2014 Thu Hi 94°F
09-19-2014 Fri Hi 95°F
09-20-2014 Sat Hi 96°F
09-21-2014 Sun Hi 98°F
Lo 75°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
- Main Concourse at sections 104 and 123.
- Club Concourse at sections 216 and 233.
- Terrace Concourse at Sections 416 and 448.
Adjacent to facility - General
- Fee included in ticket price.
- 2015 Pro Bowl Event Date Time: 01/25/2015 TBA
- Super Bowl Hotel Rooms Event Date Time: 01/30/2015 3:00PM
- Super Bowl Hospitality Event Date Time: 02/01/2015 TBA
- Super Bowl XLIX Event Date Time: 02/01/2015 TBA
- Super Bowl XLIX: Hotels (Mutiple Dates) Event Date Time: 02/02/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Throughout facility
AZone Team Store
- Next to Gate 2 on main level.
- All guest and items are subject to search.
- Designated areas only.
- Lense must be less than 200mm. No Video.
- One factory sealed plastic bottle. 16.9 fluid oz max.
- Must fold under seat or be checked in at guest services.
- 12"x12"x12" max
- Prohibited. Baby food/formula and special medical needs only.
Browse Fan Reviews
» Upload Your Own (login to upload an image)