Wallace Wade StadiumDuke University Blue Devils
Located on the campus of Duke University, Wallace Wade Stadium is their home for Blue Devil football. It is also used for a variety of other events, including high profile concerts. It has a seating capacity of over 33,000 and features a natural grass playing surface.
11-20-2014 Thu Hi 55°F
11-21-2014 Fri Hi 43°F
11-22-2014 Sat Hi 49°F
11-23-2014 Sun Hi 56°F
Lo 50°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Wallace Wade Stadium, formerly known as Duke Stadium, has the distinction of being the first facility to open on Duke's current campus. While classes were not offered on the campus until September 1930, the first football game at the stadium took place on October 5, 1929 with a 52-7 loss to Pittsburgh. The seating capacity at the stadium has remained constant at about 33,000. The official capacity is currently 33,941. Renovations to the stadium include the installation of lighting in 1984 and a new video board in 1998. The Yoh Football Center, which houses the locker rooms and other meeting rooms, opened in 2002. The stadium was renamed Wallace Wade Stadium in 1967 to honor former head Blue Devils football Wallace Wade. The stadium is the only venue outside of Pasadena, California to host the Rose Bowl. After the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, it was thought that a large crowd could be a target for another attack, so the game was moved to Duke Stadium. For that game, N.C. State and the University of North Carolina lent bleachers to Duke to increase the seating capacity of the stadium to about 55,000. The stadium also played host to the NCAA Track & Field Championships in 1990 and 2000.
- North Carolina Tar Heels at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 11/20/2014 7:30PM
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 11/29/2014 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Blue Devils Add Home-State Standout to 2015-16 Class
- Featured Auction: Basketball Jerseys & Game Shorts
- No. 21 Duke, Louisville Meet in First ACC Clash
- Featured Auction: White #3 Game Worn Jersey
- MBB Game Notes: vs. Temple (Nov. 21, 2014)
- Permitted. Lens may be no longer than 4 inches.
- Permitted. May not be raised in seating bowl.
- Prohibited. No ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other li
- Prohibited. No Alcohol.
- Permitted. No backpacks or large bags.