Wallace Wade StadiumDuke University Blue Devils
Located on the campus of Duke University, Wallace Wade Stadium is their home for Blue Devil football. It is also used for a variety of other events, including high profile concerts. It has a seating capacity of over 33,000 and features a natural grass playing surface.
01-20-2017 Fri Hi 58°F
01-21-2017 Sat Hi 63°F
01-22-2017 Sun Hi 69°F
01-23-2017 Mon Hi 55°F
Lo 44°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Wallace Wade Stadium, formerly known as Duke Stadium, has the distinction of being the first facility to open on Duke's current campus. While classes were not offered on the campus until September 1930, the first football game at the stadium took place on October 5, 1929 with a 52-7 loss to Pittsburgh. The seating capacity at the stadium has remained constant at about 33,000. The official capacity is currently 33,941. Renovations to the stadium include the installation of lighting in 1984 and a new video board in 1998. The Yoh Football Center, which houses the locker rooms and other meeting rooms, opened in 2002. The stadium was renamed Wallace Wade Stadium in 1967 to honor former head Blue Devils football Wallace Wade. The stadium is the only venue outside of Pasadena, California to host the Rose Bowl. After the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, it was thought that a large crowd could be a target for another attack, so the game was moved to Duke Stadium. For that game, N.C. State and the University of North Carolina lent bleachers to Duke to increase the seating capacity of the stadium to about 55,000. The stadium also played host to the NCAA Track & Field Championships in 1990 and 2000.
- No event is scheduled here.
- Blue Devils Roll Past No. 17 Virginia Tech, 84-59
- Track & Field Travels to Blacksburg for Hokie Invite
- Vacendak to be Inducted into N.C. Sports HoF
- Duke Hosts Virginia Friday Night in Taishoff
- No. 25 Duke Heads to No. 15 Kentucky for Match
- Permitted. Lens may be no longer than 4 inches.
- Permitted. May not be raised in seating bowl.
- Prohibited. No ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other li
- Prohibited. No Alcohol.
- Permitted. No backpacks or large bags.