Wallace Wade StadiumDuke University Blue Devils
Located on the campus of Duke University, Wallace Wade Stadium is their home for Blue Devil football. It is also used for a variety of other events, including high profile concerts. It has a seating capacity of over 33,000 and features a natural grass playing surface.
08-02-2015 Sun Hi 92°F
08-03-2015 Mon Hi 94°F
08-04-2015 Tue Hi 96°F
08-05-2015 Wed Hi 96°F
Lo 75°FWeather Powered by World Weather Online
Wallace Wade Stadium, formerly known as Duke Stadium, has the distinction of being the first facility to open on Duke's current campus. While classes were not offered on the campus until September 1930, the first football game at the stadium took place on October 5, 1929 with a 52-7 loss to Pittsburgh. The seating capacity at the stadium has remained constant at about 33,000. The official capacity is currently 33,941. Renovations to the stadium include the installation of lighting in 1984 and a new video board in 1998. The Yoh Football Center, which houses the locker rooms and other meeting rooms, opened in 2002. The stadium was renamed Wallace Wade Stadium in 1967 to honor former head Blue Devils football Wallace Wade. The stadium is the only venue outside of Pasadena, California to host the Rose Bowl. After the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, it was thought that a large crowd could be a target for another attack, so the game was moved to Duke Stadium. For that game, N.C. State and the University of North Carolina lent bleachers to Duke to increase the seating capacity of the stadium to about 55,000. The stadium also played host to the NCAA Track & Field Championships in 1990 and 2000.
- NC Central Eagles at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 6:00PM
- 2015 Duke Blue Devils Football Season (All regular season home games) Event Date Time: 09/12/2015 TBA
- Northwestern Wildcats at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 09/19/2015 12:30PM
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 09/26/2015 TBA
- Boston College Eagles at Duke Blue Devils Event Date Time: 10/03/2015 TBA
See all upcoming event at this venue
- Duke Receives AVCA Team Academic Award
- Blue Devils Visit Camp Kaleidoscope
- World Championships Continue for Blue Devils
- Fee Tabbed to U.S. Field Hockey Team for 2015-16
- Greenwell Blog: Summer Update
- Permitted. Lens may be no longer than 4 inches.
- Permitted. May not be raised in seating bowl.
- Prohibited. No ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other li
- Prohibited. No Alcohol.
- Permitted. No backpacks or large bags.